Below is a compilation of great learning resources, as well as links to home-related services:
- Looking for a little leisure reading? Check out these books at your local library:
- Buried in Treasures: a very practical book not only for those who struggle with clutter, but also for affected family members: https://www.amazon.com/Buried-Treasures-Compulsive-Acquiring-Treatments/dp/0199329257
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business: a great instructional book to help you start new habits and let go of ones that don’t serve you: https://www.amazon.com/Power-Habit-What-Life-Business/dp/081298160X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1497898642&sr=1-1&keywords=the+power+of+habit
- The Secret Lives of Hoarders: True Stories of Tackling Extreme Clutter: a compassionate read that delves into the reasons behind the behavior in hoarding disorder and how to help: https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Lives-Hoarders-Stories-Tackling/dp/0399536655/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1497898668&sr=1-1&keywords=the+secret+lives+of+hoarders
- Teepee Dirty, Gotta Move: Downsizing and Relocating Guide for Seniors: an interesting read on senior downsizing and how to look at it from a new perspective: https://www.amazon.ca/Teepee-Dirty-Gotta-Move-Downsizing/dp/1604418044
- Need to find handymen, closet installers, junk haulers, movers, etc.? Check out companies recommended by our local NAPO chapter: http://www.napo-sfba.org/our-cams
- Struggling with chronic disorganization? Check out the Institute for Challenging Disorganization: https://challengingdisorganization.org
- Looking for help with hoarding disorder or just curious to learn more? Find interesting statistics at the San Francisco Task Force on Compulsive Hoarding: http://mentalhealthsf.org/san-francisco-task-force-on-compulsive-hoarding-qa/
- Feeling alone in your struggle with hoarding disorder? View this brave woman's videos that she has made in order to help those who are also trying to cope: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPdevfhF5X0&index=55&list=UUwVPM0IiGyind1uwtXAInTg.
Are you ready to make a commitment to yourself to declutter? Schedule your clutter clarity session at (415-373-4009) or at www.twilightorganizing.com/contact-judith.html.